Online counselling is now a very popular and safe way to access mental health support. In addition to moving online during periods of health related shielding, there are lots of scenarios where online sessions could be useful.
Some of these might be:
- You travel a lot with work and need the flexibility of online counselling
- You have a mobility issue and cannot travel to sessions
- You live in a country or neighborhood that lacks local counsellors
- You are nervous about therapy and want to build up to a face to face relationship after some online sessions
- You are in the public eye and need additional confidentiality measures
At The Wellness project I use Zoom, an online platform which has been endorsed by various professional bodies. This choice is based on excellent video quality and a high standard of data security, ensuring that both client and therapist are protected from a confidentiality perspective.
Prior to the first session you will be sent a Zoom technical guidance document in order to check you are set up correctly. If you need help with the technical stuff, just ask.
Be assured that when working online I follow the same strict ethical code. For more information on the UKATA ethical code click the link below:
As working online is a little different to face to face therapy, in 2020 I certified as an Online and Telephone Counsellor.